Friday, April 2, 2010
THAT EASTER BUNNY HAS GOTTEN PRETTY CLEVER. After realizing that last year’s Easter candy was still in the cupboard, she knew there had to be a better way to fill all those plastic eggs and still please the kiddos. So, herewith, is the EB’s Top 10 list of non-edible treats.
1. Money Talks: Doesn’t matter if you do pennies, quarters or the occasional dollar bill. Make the hunt a profitable venture that gives the piggy bank some playing time, too.
2. Mommy/Daddy Coupons: Use your computer to create coupons that give your child an opportunity for some special time with Mom or Dad. “This coupon entitles [CHILD] to an ice-cream treat with Mommy.”
3. All Tied Up: Decorative shoelaces are fun for kicks of all sizes. We love the selection here.
4. Get Silly: What kids doesn’t dig Silly Putty? (And it’s even more fun when you consider you’d find an egg within an egg.)
5. Hair Raising: Hair ties, clips or headbands are always needed and appreciated by the girlie girl in the fam.
6. Nature Rocks: Think of polished stones or seashells as treasures from nature.
7. Paper Chase: Everyone loves to be complimented. On slips of paper, write down virtues your child displays in certain situations: “[Child] shows the virtue of generosity when she shares toys with her little brother.”
8. Stuck on You: Stickers or temporary tattoos provide hours of fun.
9. You’ve Got a Friend: Friendship bracelets can be worn by girls and boys and are the ultimate sign of loyalty.
10. Life’s a Party: Fill an egg with sparkly confetti and watch the fun as the eggs are opened.
(This post also ran on the awesome Lifestyle Insights blog I contribute to.. check it out for lots of great info!)